Sunday, August 2, 2009

I'm going to try to get back into blogging!

(Okay, so this one's for you Lari! )


Life is interesting, isn't it? I feel like the last couple years have been all about keeping my head above water. The doggy paddle is the best I've been able to do. But due to a new regiment of lovely hormone therapy, I am actually adding a swift kick to my doggy paddle. Exciting isn't it? It's amazing how good it feels to feel better, when you've been feeling so crappy for so long!

So, when you feel like you are starting to get a better handle on things, the Lord sure knows how to turn you upside down again! As we are starting the adoption process, I am continually thinking, "How in the world are we going to do this? We've given everything away! I love dejunking! My health is a little better, but I'm no where near to being considered extremely healthy! And the cost of adoption is astronomical! How? How? How?" And then you have to sit back and say, "Heavenly Father, this one has to be in your hands completely, because I am incapable of doing it."

And then I start thinking about this little boy that is going to join our family and all I can do is smile and almost cry, because it just makes sense. I don't know how, but it does. He is supposed to be in our family and so now, we just have to find him. It's like I've become anxious to find him. I've already started talking about moving Brigham in with Macy and setting up the nursery! (With what, I don't know, we do have our crib, luckily because the friends we gave it to ended up not needing it, but that's it!!!!) So my little boy, whereever you are out there, we are so excited to have you join our family and we can't wait until you are here!

5 comments:

Paula said...

Thanks for letting me know you were blogging again! I am excited to watch your adoption journey here.

Whitney said...

Oh Kris that's so sweet! I'm glad you are going to start up again because I have missed seeing your cute little family!

Cami said...

Yea! I'm glad your blogging again too! Don't worry between Nicole and I I'm sure we have plenty of boy stuff!!!

larifunk said...

Why are you blaming me? It doesn't matter, I'm so glad to be able to keep up with what you are doing, and SO HAPPY to hear you are feeling better!

Amy Lou said...

I hope your wait is not very long for your little guy. Adoption is such an amazing experience!