Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Addendum to "Do you ever feel this way?"

Because my life is so encompassed with feeling overwhelmed right now, this whole subject has been on my mind a lot! So I just kept thinking about a couple of things that I wanted to add to my previous post.

First, I hope that nobody read my previous post and had thoughts like, "man, I must be lazy, I don't do half that stuff." or "she doesn't have a clue what busy is, she should look at my life." I think as women we tend to compare ourselves WAY too much. One thing I have truly learned over the last couple of years is that there is no way to compare. We all have different circumstances that make our lives easier or harder. And there is no way we can understand what someone else is going through because we have not lived in their shoes.

Second, I felt like I left out a lot of church things I know most of us that are members of the Church of Jesus Christ do, ie attending church each Sunday, going to the temple, receiving my visiting teachers in my home, going visiting teaching, having Family Home Evening, etc. Just wanted you to know that these things are priorities in my life. Don't know why I didn't mention them.

Third, there are times in our lives that we don't feel like we are being helped, yet we feel like we need that help so badly. I wonder about that a lot, why? Well for me when my health was declining daily, literally we felt like we could watch it diminish each day. I was so desperate for help. I prayed constantly. Yet, the inspiration didn't come. I felt so alone, felt like my prayers were going unheard. At the time I felt like I couldn't go on anymore. I kept thinking about the promise in the scriptures that we would not be given more trials than we could handle. I didn't think I could handle what I was going through and I needed it taken away.

So, why is it that sometimes we truly feel the daily help that I'm feeling right now in my life, but other times in our lives we go through times and feel so alone?

Well, for me it was all about learning and growing. Humbling myself to the will of the Lord. (I'm not good at the humbling part, too independent and proud!)

And when the inspiration came that there was another child meant for my family, I said "OK". Because I had come to that point in my life, because I had "made" it through those impossible times. And look what I have been truly blessed with. Man, I love this little cuteness!

5 comments:

jen said...

What about his smile?
Will you kiss him for me today? And a small squeeze of the cheeks?

Kristin said...

He is so dang cute! All the hard work is worth it!

Valorie said...

It is worth it, all the little and big things you do every day without giving up add up to a lifetime of worth it moments!

The Classy Kitchen said...

Kristen, I think we can all relate with your thoughts. I definitely agree that we all compare. I'm so guilty of it all the time! I hate that I do it and I hate that my friends, sisters and acquantances do it.

seven said...

Your little guys is absolutely adorable!!! So happy so for you!!