Monday, October 19, 2009

Adoption Update

Last Monday we got a call about a situation. A birthmom due in a couple of weeks coming to Utah that day. The only bad deal was that she wanted a family with 1 or 2 kids. The agency only had 2 families to show her, ours and a family with 3 biological kids. We got a call Tuesday morning that when she went to her Doctor's appt, she went into labor and had the baby. We had a trip planned to San Diego, we were leaving Tuesday evening. So, I kept debating if I pack or not. Well, we got a call around 2:00 in the afternoon, that the birthmom didn't pick either family. I was really upset the rest of the day, thinking about that little baby in the hospital without a family. I guess our agency posted on their blog and through word of mouth, they found a family. I felt really discouraged, but the best thing was that we went on our family trip to San Diego. (Pictures to be posted later.)

Today I got another call about a situation in Missouri. The birthmother is white and the birthfather black. She's due on November 25th (Kinsie's Birthday). So our profile is being overnighted today. Hopefully we'll hear back by the end of the week.

1 comment:

Paula said...

I can't imagine the roller coaster you are on! I never went through all of this. Hang in there!