Monday, October 5, 2009

Adoption Update

So, the last thing I told you was that our profile was being shown to a birth mother in Louisiana. We have been waiting for almost 2 & 1/2 weeks since we told them to show our profile. We found out that this birth mom wanted the agency to pick their best family for her. So our profile was the only one sent to her. They told us if the birth mom wants the agency to pick, they usually end up with that family because they are trusting the agency. So we started thinking, this must be the one. Well, I got a call today from the social worker telling me that she can't get a hold of this birth mom. She's left her lots of messages and haven't heard from her. We knew that it would be hard to get a hold of her because she's in Rehab. But I guess they feel like we've waited long enough. So, she told us they have a few more cases they are working on, so they'll get in contact with us if one of them matches up with what we are looking for.

I don't know how people do this, I'm trying to just not think about any of it, so that I don't get attached prematurely. But, as a family we pray constantly about finding our little brother and son, so it's hard to not think about it when you are praying kind of people, I guess.

2 comments:

Paula said...

Oh Kristen, that is rough. Hang in there and know that the "right" boy will work out. What a rollercoaster.

martha corinna said...

That is tough. I hope that something happens soon. I will pray for you!