Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Proud Mama

This week has been a really fun week to be the mom of my two oldest girls. I am one proud mama.

It started out on Sunday, Kinsie was put in as the 2nd counselor in her Beehive class presidency. Being a Beehive for only 6 months, she wasn't sure what this all entailed, but was really excited about it after we talked for a while. Then Monday morning, Kinsie received the Hope of America award at her school. I remember being devastated in 6th grade when I didn't receive that award. So proud of her! This award is for the student who excels in academics, leadership, fellowship, etc. Kinsie is such a great girl.

Then on Tuesday, we found out that Kamryn had made student council for next year. We were extra excited because she had tried out last year with no success. But she went for it again and it paid off. Tuesday evening we had Kinsie and Kamryn's piano recital, I am amazed at how much they have learned over the years.

So this post is my bragging rights as their mom, I'm so proud of these two girls who are also great friends. When I found out that I was going to have two girls 17 months apart, I worried that they would continually fight and maybe not get along. Well, I truly was wrong, they really get along and are such great friends.

At the dance festival today, they announced the names of the student council members, there's our Kamryn. Kinsie receiving her Hope of America award.

Kinsie and Kamryn with their teacher, Emily, at the piano recital.

Great friends, these two cuties!

4 comments:

jen said...

End of the year is such a great time to be a parent. We had seminary graduation tonight.
It's almost over.
Sigh.

The Classy Kitchen said...

Kristen, your girls are beautiful! And you are definitely granted bragging rights! It was fun to learn more about your family.

Whitney said...

Yay Kinsie and Kam!!!! Congrats you two :)

Cami said...

I'm so proud of them!!! They are such sweet girls:)