Saturday, January 9, 2010

Adoption

Ty spoke with our friend, Beth that works for Heart to Heart Adoptions today. She told him that they have been crazy busy lately. So much so, that they need families desperately. I know that September was a record month for Heart to Heart. They placed 13 babies. Then October beat out September with 16 babies placed. November (when we adopted Corbin) tied with October, they place another 16 babies.

So if any of you have ever thought about adopting, now is the time. We had a really good experience with them. My only real complaint is that I would have liked better communication. I think part of the problem was that we really were only with them from the beginning of September, until we got Corbin in November. Their busiest time ever. I know that most of the people we worked with, were overwhelmed. I know they've done some hiring and hopefully they are better equiped to handle the work load.

I can't even express to you the joy that it has brought to our family. Obviously, this is only if it's something that you've thought about. Just thought I'd pass the info along if your interested.

Heart to Heart Adoption Website: http://www.hearttoheartadoptions.net/index.html
Heart to Heart Adoption Blog: http://www.hearttoheartadoptions.blogspot.com/

The best of part of the blog is the links on the bottom right hand side to other people's blogs who have adopted. I have really enjoyed reading about other people's stories.

Just think about it.......

2 comments:

crista said...

Wow thats great that you only waited 2 months. I have thought about heart to heart but for some reason still havent put in an application with them due to us selecting another agency right now.

With your comments of the communication issue that is something that is extremely important to me. So worry about that alot. Thx for your comments

Kerri said...

I am so excited for you guys! We were on an adoption list for a few months until we miraculously got pregnant with our last baby. We wondered if we would still adopt and then a few months after our miracle was born, we got news of being pregnant again! :) Anyways, Heart to Heart came so highly recommended to us when we were on our adoption journey. I am so glad your family has had such a positive experience with them. Your little guy is just so darn cute!! Congratulations!!

Love, Kerri (Riches) Winegar