Thursday, October 7, 2010

I Love Fall! (Usually)

There are so many things I have always loved about Fall.
I love the weather cooling off.
I love the change of colors.
I love General Conference.
I love the return of schedules.
I love the rain storms.
I love opening the windows in the house in the mornings and evenings.
I love changing out my regular home decor for Fall decor.
I love sitting on the back porch, just enjoying the weather.
I love the kids returning to school.
I love my alone time with my younger kids.
(That I got to enjoy with my older kids when they were little.)
I love watching my kids play their soccer games.
I love the thunderstorms.
I love Fall.
First day of school. Look at these cutenesses! Too bad Corbin was asleep!
Macy starting 3rd grade.
Kamryn starting 6th grade.
Kinsie started Junior High. (Seriously?)
I love this picture, it definitely shows their personalities. Kinsie, taking care of everybody. Kamryn, posing/doing some cheer/tumbling move. Macy, independent, sure of herself. Brigham, macho, stud dude. Love it!!!

Now, to address the Usually part in my title. This Fall, for me, is all about feeling overwhelmed. Not really loving the schedule and structure this season. It's all been too much. But then along comes one of my favorite parts of Fall, General Conference. I felt like so many talks were specifically for me. I still feel overwhelmed, tired, etc., etc. But I now feel hope, I feel that I am not the only one, that truly I can do this.
Thank Heavens for Fall!

7 comments:

Jen said...

I know you can do it. You are a woman of steel. Your kids look happy, healthy and are beautiful. I too feel overwhelmed most of the time and don't think I can do it any more. You just have to take it one day at a time and at the end of each day find something to be grateful for.

The Christensen Family said...

Kristen, you have such a beautiful family! You can do it. Just remember, things will calm down and all of the craziness will pass. It always does. Best of luck, my friend.

Kristin said...

Such cute back to school pictures! I totally agree with you. I love fall but also feel completely overwhelmed most days. All I can say is thank goodness for conference. Hopefully it can keep me going till spring!

Unknown said...

I love fall too, it is such a special season. I'm sorry to hear this has been a stressful time for you, it's good you found something to give you hope, you will have to make sure to capture some happiness to store away for the long winter!
http://www.capturinghappiness.com/

Valorie said...

Kristen, I love the fall too! I am sorry this fall is overwhelming to you. I love how you always look for the positive even through trying times. What sweet back to school pictures! You have such an incredible family.

jen said...

Overwhelmed? So sorry. I wish I could help you. Really.

I love that Brigham is barefoot.

Robin said...

I agree with almost everything you said about fall (except decorating; I hate decorating).

And I was dying for conference as well. It's such food for my soul and gives me such a reboot. And it comes at the perfect times of the year, doesn't it?

Kinsie looks a lot like Breanne. When they are out together do people think they are sisters?