Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Indexing

Hooray! I have officially reached a huge milestone! I've indexed 5028 names. If I haven't told
you that I've been doing this, it's for the church. It's basically data entry. I just download a
batch which is scanned images of census'. Then I just enter the information I see on the scanned
image which is usually name, age, where born, etc. Some are more time consuming than others.
But I have thoroughly enjoyed doing it. With my health poor, it's nice to have something that I
can do that feels like I'm accomplishing something. So, anyway I'm way excited to have indexed
over 5000 names! If you're ever interested in doing it, I would love to help. It's been very
rewarding for me. http://www.familysearch.org/eng/indexing/frameset_indexing.asp

1 comment:

Cami said...

I just got home from YW and we are going to start learning about indexing! They had a skit where people told there life story on how they had lost children,or loved ones before being sealed. They would say there name, and asked if any one in the audience had there name, it was so sad there was a family of 5 and some one stood up for each of the names, except no one had the name of one of there little boys. It was so sad, I am totally excited to start learning how to do this and become a computer nerd like you:)